In the summer of 2007, SUPERFLEX produced four 'Collect to win'-cards that were available during the opening days of the 52nd Venice Biennale, the Basel art fair, Documenta 12 and Sculpture Projects Münster. Those who managed to attend the entire art world package and collect all four cards were eligible to put their name in a box and take part in the draw for a delightful trip for two to Zanzibar. The draw was part of SUPERFLEX’s contribution to the 5th Berlin Biennale at KW Institute for Contemporary Art where the box (produced on Zanzibar) was on display. Taking place on the last day of the biennale, June 15, 2008, the draw was accompanied by speeches on the subjects of networking, power game, collecting, winning and gambling by the curators of the biennial, Adam Szymczyk and Elena Filipovic, the private collector Francesca von Habsburg and Jesse Garcia, a spokesperson from Transparency International, a non-governmental organization that monitors and publicizes corporate and political corruption in international development.
Terms and conditions of participation (formulated by KUNST-WERKE Berlin)
1. The promoter of the competition is: KUNST-WERKE Berlin e.V., Auguststr. 69, 10117 Berlin, Germany.
2. Eligible participants must be at least 18 years old. Employees of the promoter and persons who participated in the planning and implementation, whether directly or indirectly, and their relatives will not be eligible to enter or participate in this competition.
3. To enter the competition, four different Zanzibar pictures have to be presented at the KW Institute for Contemporary Art during the 5th berlin biennal for contemporary art (April 5 until June 15, 2008). The participant will have to state his/her personal data and email address. By participating in this competition one agrees to the terms and conditions specific to this promotion.
4. Every participant can only enter the draw once. Otherwise he or she will be excluded.
5. All valid entries received before June 15, 2008 will be entered into the random prize draw.
6. The four different cards have to be presented in person at KW Institute for Contemporary Art no later than June 14, 2008. The draw will take place on June 15, 2008 at KW.
7. The first valid entry drawn on June 15, 2008 will be declared the winner. The winner will be notified by email, telephone or mail. The winner has to confirm the notification within two weeks. He or she has to supply the necessary data or the promoter will draw a new winner.
8. The winner will receive a round trip (Economy class) from Germany to Zanzibar as well as room and half-board (one week) for him- or herself and one accompanying person. Any further costs, such as travelling expenses to the location of departure, further boarding and lodging must be paid and organized by the winner and are not included in the prize. Further details of the trip will be announced.
9. The prize will not be transferable, nor exchangeable. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
10. The winner accepts all necessary changes of the prize concerning the availability of the prize on the date envisaged or other factors that lie beyond the sphere of influence of companies taking part in the competition as well as of the KUNST-WERKE Berlin e.V.
11. The prize will be financed solely through sponsorship.
12. The promoter will have the right to terminate this competition with immediate effect and without notice of such termination. In such event all participants waive any rights they may have against the promoter and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the promoter.
13. The participants’ data will be protected and will not be used for any other purpose other than this competition nor passed on to any third persons.
14. The promoter guarantees data privacy according to the German data protection act.
15. By accepting the prize, the winning participant grants consent to the promoter to publish his or her name in any promotional, print or public relations material.
16. The promoter’s decision will be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into. There is no right of appeal.
Terms and conditions of the vouchers
1. By presenting three different Zanzibar pictures at KW Institute for Contemporary Art during the 5th berlin biennal for contemporary art (April 5 until June 15, 2008), one will receive a free 5th berlin biennal publication – subject to availability.
2. By presenting two different Zanzibar pictures at KW Institute for Contemporary Art during the 5th berlin biennal for contemporary art (April 5 until June 15, 2008), the participant will be entitled to free entry to the 5th berlin biennal.
3. By participating in the Zanzibar draw the participant will be ineligible to receive a free publication or a free entrance to the 5th berlin biennal for contemporary art. Every participant can only redeem the voucher for either the publication or the free entrance, not both.
4. The voucher will not be transferable, nor exchangeable. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash. The promoter's decision will be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into. There is no right of appeal.